How Susie Wang formulated this natural anti-aging facial serum to be chemically synergistic and ultra potent.
Active Ingredients in 100% PURE Multi-Vitamin + Antioxidants Potent PM Serum:
- 10% Vitamin C
- 10% Niacinamide
- 10% Vitamin E
- 1% Retinol
- 1% CoQ10
Why Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C) Works
Vitamin C and Niacinamide are amazing ingredients for our skin, but these two superstar ingredients aren't usually combined in cosmetic formulations. That’s because the majority of cosmetic formulations use a Vitamin C that has a low pH level--around 2 to 3, which is considered more acidic--such as L-ascorbic acid. Niacinamide pH is a more neutral 6 to 7, which means the two are not normally compatible due to their different pH levels. However, because we use Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a stable form of Vitamin C, this ingredient has the same pH balance (6 to 7) as Niacinamide. Since Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Niacinamide have the same pH, they work together amazingly well!
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate also puts us ahead of the skin care game, due to its increased stability; this means you don't have to worry about oxidation. Why should oxidation concern you? Because when vitamin C oxidizes, it loses its potency and can turn into skin-damaging free radicals; this concern was the reason that 100% PURE founder and Chief Creative Susie Wang developed a solution for oxidizing vitamins in skin care and filed patents when she was only 18! That’s the opposite of what you want out of your skincare regime! Another great thing about Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is that since it's pH balanced, your skin will more easily accept and absorb it. Since Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is considered the ‘better Vitamin C’, you must be wondering why more cosmetic companies aren't using it. Well, the answer is pretty simple: it's twenty times more expensive than the other versions.
What Are These Active Ingredients Doing for Skin?
10% Vitamin C
Promotes collagen and elastin production: Collagen is a protein that keeps your skin looking firm and youthful, so you definitely want more of it in your body! Vitamin C promotes collagen production, thus fighting against wrinkles and keeping skin plump. Collagen production slows down when we reach thirty, but don’t worry: Vitamin C can fight against slowed collagen production by triggering our bodies to produce more. Scared of crow's feet around your eyes? Our less acidic Vitamin C also means you can apply our Multi-Vitamin + Antioxidants Potent PM Serum generously around your delicate eyes without that nasty chemical sting.
Elastin is also a protein fiber that is connected to collagen, and can basically be called the rubber bands of your skin (it’s what makes your skin bounce back). Vitamin C promotes elastin production and keeps your skin looking supple and smooth!
- Prevents and diminishes age spots: Age spots, brown spots, liver spots, sun spots--whatever you call ‘em, we’re trying to keep these tell-tale signs of aging off our faces! Vitamin C lightens and prevents those pesky brown spots, and is a powerful antioxidant for banishing free radicals and stopping them from damaging your precious skin.
- Brightens your skin: Vitamin C brightens and enlivens your complexion, giving you that healthy, radiant glow.
- Lessens appearance of pores: Niacinamide tightens your skin, therefore lessening the appearance of pores.
- Increases ceramide levels: Ceramides increase hydration, moisture, and skin plumpness, but as we age, our ceramide levels deplete. Luckily, Niacinamide helps to increase ceramide levels! Ceramides act as the glue that holds skin cells together, and creating a protective barrier. The loss and reduction of ceramides could result in dry, itchy skin, eczema, dermatitis, and wrinkles.
- Evens your skin tone: Spending time in the sun can also lead to uneven skin tone (aka hyperpigmentation), adding many unwanted years to your appearance! Niacinamide will help reduce uneven pigmentation by slowing down the transfer of melanin to your skin's epidermis.
10% Vitamin E
- Skin healing: Blocks free radicals / environmental damage from aging our skin. Can also reduce the appearance of scars.
- Deep moisture
- Speeds cell turnover
- Lessens appearance of/ protects against formation of wrinkles
- Firms skin
- Wound healing / skin tissue regeneration and repair
- Reduces skin wrinkles
- Boosts collagen and elastin production
After reading these amazing facts, you can probably understand why we’re so excited about our new serum. Of course, both Vitamin C and Niacinamide can do a LOT more than what we listed above (like reducing eye circles, inflammation...we could go on and on!). At the end of the day, though, it’s clear that they are serious superstars in the world of skincare, and we couldn’t be happier to share them with you in our 100% natural products. Stay tuned in to our blog for more powerful skin care tips and makeup industry news that will transform your life!